About Urban Vista Project
Urban Vista Tanah Merah Kechil Link is a tenure 99 year leasehold condominium located at Tanah Merah Kechil Link, Singapore 465419, and located at D16, around the Bedok and relatively close to East Coast park area if you have a car.
The tenure 99 year leasehold started back in 2012. Urban Vista was created and completed by the familiar name Fragrance Group or the actual developer name is developer Bayfront Realty Pte Ltd. The official TOP or the year that Urban Vista condominium completed in Singapore by Bayfront Realty Pte Ltd was in 2016.
Urban Vista has total units 582 over a total of 11 blocks/towers. Some of the illustrations such as the featured image above do not include Block 16, more of which is explained below in the siteplan image.
Here are some features of project name Urban Vista by Bayfront Realty Pte Ltd:
- Changi City Point, Bedok Point and Bedok Mall are among the closest shopping malls near Urban Vista, both of which are just a MRT stop away from Urban Vista and Tanah Merah
- If you have a car, you can easily access Tampines Mall, or even Parkway Parade via East Coast Expressway ECP just nearby, whilst Orchard Road is also accessible via the Pan Island Expressway PIE. A wide array of shopping districts and eateries in Singapore are near Urban Vista condo
- Due to Urban Vista property location at Tanah Merah and Bedok on our well connected island of Singapore, residents will be connected island wide easily
- East Village Bedok Market Place, among one of the most popular eating locations in Singapore is also near Urban Vista property at only minute’s walk away from Urban Vista condominium
- This Tanah Merah property development by developer Bayfront Realty Pte Ltd is near major expressways and a major business park with the world’s leading companies situated there. Urban Vista project offers metropolitan living without being in the CBD and Marina area. Urban Vista is truly a metropolitan home in Singapore offering luxury property units in the country while being situated in a somewhat heartland Tampines and Bedok neighbourhood
- Urban Vista is located in the same neighbourhood or property vicinity as other condominiums in the Bedok and Tanah Merah area
- Developer Bayfront Realty Pte Ltd’s creation Urban Vista offers lots of condo facilities including but not limited to poolside dining pavilion, outdoor fitness station, alfresco party deck, alfresco dining pavilion, BBQ area, aqua gym, clubhouse function room, function rooms, club lounge, outdoor lounge, hammock bay, chill out deck, party pool, sun cabana, jogging trail, running track, aqua bed, aqua gym, children’s playground for kids play, children’s pool or play pool, tennis court, recreational deck for property units residents
- Urban Vista condominium has two separate swimming pool facilities or amenities over two different levels within Urban Vista, the higher swimming pool in Urban Vista being an infinity pool
- There are several reputable educational facilities in Singapore like Temasek Primary School, Temasek Junior College, Anglican High School and are also near Urban Vista and just a stone’s throw away
- Singapore University of Technology and Design SUTD, Singapore’s East Coast tertiary institution is also one MRT station away next to Singapore expo
- Urban Vista condominium is near the Changi Business Park for those who work nearby there
- Almost all of the above locations mentioned above are just a MRT station ride away from Tanah Merah and Urban Vista, showing the sheer accessibility Urban Vista provides within Singapore. Properties matching Urban Vista in Singapore are rare, and Urban Vista is at the ideal location in this regard. If accessibility is key, then you will have your criteria hit by Urban Vista
- Even though Urban Vista is not in town, Urban Vista property units offers city living vibes in Singapore for condominium property residents with its many transportation options and urban surrounding. Other public transportation options other than Tanah Merah MRT also includes the many buses available just next to Urban Vista. Lots of attractions dining nearby and excellent connectivity area among Urban Vista’s best unique selling points for residents
- The nearest MRT station to Urban Vista property is Tanah Merah. Tanah Merah is a mere walking distance from Urban Vista whilst Bedok and Bedok Reservoir MRT stations are nearby too
- There are many blocks in Urban Vista, such as 2 Tanah Merah Kechil, 6 Tanah Merah Kechil, 8 Tanah Merah Kechil, 10 Tanah Merah Kechil, 14 Tanah Merah Kechil, 16 Tanah Merah Kechil, 18 Tanah Merah Kechil, 20 Tanah Merah Kechil, 22 Tanah Merah Kechil and more
- Units at Urban Vista or property type has 1 bedroom starting roughly 441 sqft, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom, 4 bedroom dual key penthouse price range between $600,000 to $1,500,000 on average
Pros of Urban Vista:
Urban Vista location is literally next to the Tanah Merah MRT station interchange which makes Urban Vista convenient for commuters, and there is another underground one being built. Also, it has a bus stop and taxi stand right in front of Urban Vista too making it very convenient. Surprisingly, despite Urban Vista close vicinity to the East West line, the PSF prices are not at a huge premium for most apartments.
Urban Vista is very popular among air stewardesses and pilots in Singapore to rent due to its super close proximity in the East and to the Changi 1 Airport.
Urban Vista is situated near primary school and secondary schools in the East, some of which are not bad. Bedok View Secondary School is far from great but there are others such as Anglican High School and Temasek Junior IP which are decent. Search for public schools will not be too hard.
There will be a small mixed commercial development next to Urban Vista and Optima (next door condominium) in future.
Facilities are not bad, you get stuff such as two swimming pools, one of which is an infinity pool with walk up BBQ pits under a pavilion. That’s a strong pulling point, though most people tend not to use it over time.
If you have a bicycle or a car, Simpang Bedok or East Village is nearby and awesome for those who love eating supper in the East. The famous East Coast park hawker centre is also only a 5 to 10 minutes drive away.
Urban Vista originally was a mixed site, with a publicly accessible convenience store, but Urban Vista’s residents preferred Urban Vista to be private and residential, which was the right choice in my opinion. Since Urban Vista became fully private and residential, it couldn’t make profits and was shut.
Cons of Urban Vista:
The ex and new management at the Urban Vista developer project here is known to be quite stubborn on some issues, look out for this. Even the security guards report issues and dislike them sometimes.
You CANNOT have a guest park his or her car overnight 12am to 6am in the carpark. Guest carpark is only one level at level 3, and the entire level 1, 2 and main basement carpark are not allowing any guests to drive into or park at. The parking situation is annoying considering how many empty lots there are at ALL times. Problem? The management. Look for them, vote them out.
Property facing main roads can be exceedingly noisy, even at night.
Property units at Urban Vista other than the penthouse ones are really small. There are many 2 bedrooms going for slightly under 624 sqft or 549 sqft, and 3 bedrooms are usually only around 850 sqft. SUPER small. The ‘reason’ the developer gives for this is because its SOHO loft style, but be wary of this small sq ft if you are particular about this.
Living rooms in this Urban Vista development are virtually non-existent. Inviting friends or family members for a round or two of mahjong to your place is not plausible, LOL. Jokes aside, it really is too tiny in my opinion unless you are just a couple or a single staying there, then that is acceptable.
Soccer or basketball enthusiasts, sorry, there is no such facilities for you.
What you need to note about Urban Vista Tanah Merah:
Try to avoid the ones facing the main road along the train track along New Upper Changi.
Here are the reasons why.
First of all, it is right next to the MRT, and the noise insulation along this particular track and the Tanah Merah MRT station is quite poor. Even those at the further ends from the Tanah Merah station are still a stone’s throw away from the station, so I see absolutely no point in getting a unit facing the main road for virtually no additional benefit.
Additionally, due to the above being a long stretch of road without any traffic lights other than the one shown in the above image for several hundred metres until the intersection with Bedok road as circled, some nights tend to have noisy motorcycles blaring along, which can be exceedingly annoying when you pay a premium to stay in a condominium yet have to suffer from such torturous BS.
There are heavy construction works at the moment along New Upper Changi in place for the new MRT interchange or the Tanah Merah Interchange Station, which is on top of what there already exists. The bad news is that there are sometimes work throughout the night, and it can be dusty, but the key good news is that it will eventually be completed within a few more years or less.
So this may or may not be a concern for you depending on within how many more years when you are looking to purchase.
Here is a direct link to the Urban Vista floor plan PDF which you can check out.
For 2 bedrooms and above at Urban Vista
If you want a 2 bedroom and above unit at Urban Vista Tanah Merah Kechil Link, then you are strongly recommended to pick the ones around BLK 20, 22, the small roads facing ones at 2 and 4 as well as the inside facing ones of 16. Data information in the diagram above.
Many have dual key so you have a potential option of being able to rent out a room or something along these lines too.
For 1 bedroom units at Urban Vista
Those circled in red in the siteplan page above are 1 bedroom units. Since most people interested in staying at Urban Vista Tanah Merah Kechil Link are international expats or young families, I will address those.
Units of BLK 16 facing Tanah Merah Kechil Road will get the warm afternoon sun, so if you are a retiree and stay at home all day, you may want to think twice about a unit at Urban Vista facing Tanah Merah Kechil Road. If you are a working executive, then it probably does not matter since you will not be home anytime before 6pm other than during your off days.
If you are getting a 1 bedroom unit, pick those at Urban Vista BLK 16 if you dislike road sound, and pick those facing the main roads if you dislike the afternoon sun.
An interesting thing about Urban Vista property units is that they have 1 bedroom penthouses as well as dual key apartments for sale, which makes Urban Vista a relatively unique real estate, not commonly seen within new launches for properties or condos within the last decade.
With all the bad points about the mostly 1 bedroom facing the main New Upper Changi I had mentioned earlier on, some Urban Vista property units facing the main road in particular are seriously struggling to sell and/or rent out with good rent yield. However, the good sign for you as a buyer is that you have the power of leverage when it comes to those, if the noise is not a concern for you.
Many of these listings are struggling to sell because of the constant construction (though this will not be a concern in a few years from now due to construction completed, so make a purchase sale decision fast to leverage this point to your advantage in negotiating far cheaper sale prices), the main road noise pollution, and that your unit is quite visible to commuters on the MRT. So use those to your leverage when talking to your agent about these listings for sale.
Summary of what to look out for when it comes to Urban Vista:
Do NOT buy into the BS that some agents or owners try to tell you that Changi Jewel will create lots of jobs and will drive up the rental price or purchase price for Urban Vista in future. Most created jobs available at Jewel are not exactly high paying at all, and most are retail jobs, not high paying jobs like pilots or executives.
Also, if you are looking to invest, do not believe the hype about Changi Business Park creating more jobs in the East region and that you are just one station away from them. Please, there are lots of available condos that renters can get at similar price range. Definitely argue hard on the price if you are looking to get a unit at Urban Vista, or be willing to walk away.
If you are an investor, please try to avoid the main road view facing units, it can be a big pain to rent them out, there are many property units available even within Urban Vista which are quiet facing and far more popular with expats, there is zero point in getting those facing outside unless you are looking to purchase for yourself and do not mind.
For those who prefer the convenience that Urban Vista provides without potential rental headache, opt for the inside facing units type in the BLK as mentioned above (such as 2 Tanah Merah Kechil, 22 Tanah Merah Kechil, 20Tanah Merah Kechil and 16 Tanah Merah Kechil).
Regardless, property units facing the main roads should be the cheapest units, and you need to argue or negotiate toughly with the agent for far cheaper price. Offers should ideally be made at almost the same price the units were sold at when just developed. There are tons of condos and developments near Urban Vista, so agents and flippers tend to be shaky in their confidence when they ask for ridiculous price at Urban Vista units. Make use of that to your advantage.
Ignore all references to bank valuations, tons of units at Urban Vista are selling well below bank valuations. Treat valuations of units like toilet paper, ignore it, flush it down the toilet and negotiate hard.
If you found a good deal for those type facing the main road, pick those at the higher levels as much as possible. They have a far better view, and if it is high enough, you can see all the way until the East Coast Park sea area, even with some project opposite across the Tanah Merah train station.
Size of units: 4.5/10
Find the best units and BEST price available for URBAN VISTA via one of our approved agents using the contact form below: